Mini Empire Map



I have been given an opportunity to remake the Empire map, there are a few things that were requested and I'm taking the chance to play with new techniques and toys like the nottingham laser. Here are the test pieces I've done so far, the outcome of which is basically that colour doesn't really work on the maps so we're sticking to standard wood colours. I'm now desperately waiting for my wood to arrive or I'm not going to be able to do anything in time for the event this weekend, there's easily 30 hours of cutting in this project and I can't even get started yet.


Each region is cut as a separate piece giving it clear definition and it is elevated from it's neighbours making them more distinct. The names of each region are also cut with a low power line making them stand out much more than the previous version

 

Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex